The Goethe Talents Scholarship is a 12-day program to support and connect young, aspiring musical artists, including singer-songwriters and composers. The scholarship is a cooperation between the Goethe-Institut and »Pop-Kultur« and will be taking place for the eighth time in 2023.
About Goethe Talents Scholarship
The programme offers a variety of activities to experience the “music city” Berlin before the actual Festival: Studio visits, intensive jam sessions, short traineeships in selected companies from Berlin’s creative industries, listening sessions, and meetings with scholarship holders of the Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities. Highlights of the promotion and exchange programme are the participation in »Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs, «the official talent programme of the festival, intensive Studio collaborations of all Goethe Talents 2023 participants, and, of course, experiencing the full programme of »Pop-Kultur« Live.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany that operates worldwide. The Goethe-Institut promotes cultural exchange, education, and social discourse in an international context and supports the teaching and learning of the German language.
Goethe Talents Scholarship Benefits
- The Goethe-Institut will cover the participation fee.
- The accommodation and hospitality (per diem) for the period of August 24th to September 4th, 2023 will be covered by the Goethe-Institut.
- Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights.
- Goethe-Institut will help with visa issues.
- Musicboard Berlin will give a free Festival Ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals to all talents.
- Musicboard Berlin will organize accommodation (breakfast included) within Berlin.
- Musicboard Berlin will cover health insurance within Berlin.
- Musicboard Berlin will cover public transportation within Berlin.
- The opportunity of networking across borders.
- A chance to perform on the Nachwuchs-Stage on one of the evenings of the Pop-Kultur Live program.
Goethe Talents Scholarship
- Applicant’s age must be between 20 and 30 years.
- Must be from the Global South, North Africa, West- and Central- Asia.
- Must have advanced English skills (B2 minimum!).
- Work experience in the field of music(proof of at least three projects).
- Motivated to exchange and engage in working with a diverse group in the field of music production and performance.
- Eligible Regions: Global South, North Africa, West Asia, Central Asia
How to Apply
To apply to this program, all you need to do is click the link.
The deadline for this program is April 3, 2023