Deadline: July 31, 2023
The Helmut-Schmidt-Programme at the University of Passau in Germany is presently accepting applications. The Master’s scholarship in Public Policy and Good Governance, as well as Development Studies, aims to support future leaders from various fields of interest such as Law, Business Politics, and Administration, and to prepare selected candidates for future professional activities in a practice-oriented manner.
Graduates with a Bachelor’s degree who want to pursue a Master’s degree in disciplines relevant to social, political, and economic development are eligible to apply. Selected students will attend the University of Passau in Germany for a two-year Master’s degree in Governance and Public Policy or Development Studies.
Students must complete a 6-month German language course before entering their Master’s degree program. The language course typically begins in April and concludes in September. Students will enroll in their Masters Studies after completing the language course.
Please Note: Although the German Language course is compulsory (because the M.A. Governance and Public policy is a bilingual programme) scholarship holders have the choice of studying the hole scheme in English language.
Selected students will receive the following benefits for the entire duration of their studies
- You will receive a monthly stipend of 931 Euros to take care of your daily living expenses
- Selected students will also be eligible for Health Insurance coverage
- You will also receive travel allowances for your journey from your home country to Germany
- There is also a study and research grant provided to all selected students
- You will also be eligible for rent subsidiaries and family supplements whenever applicable.
- The German Language course will also be sponsored by the programme.
- Students receive extra support by the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Team and extracurricular activities.
To apply for the programme, you must meet the following selection criteria
- Applicants must be coming from developing and emerging countries in order to apply
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree in the field of political science, social science, law, economics or public administration.
- Applicants must demonstrate interest in contributing to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- You must also have accumulated atleast 4 months of professional or practical experience in any field relevant to the programme
- Applicants must also demonstrate sufficient English Language proficiency equivalent to a B2 level.
- If your previous studies at your previous University were delivered in English, you may not need and English Language Certificate.
To complete your application, you must fill the online application form and submit the required attachment by the deadline of July 31, 2023. You must complete the online application form using the application portal provided to candidates. (Link on programme main page)
You will need to submit the following documents
- Motivation letter clearly stating your academic and professional history and reasons for applying for the scholarship.
- A curriculum Vitae in Europas format with information on your study and professional experience.
- Your Higher Education Transcripts, certificates and diplomas. These should be in English or German. In case these are issued in another language, please provided certified translations.
- Proof of professional experience or Internships or Voluntary work
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- Remember to also provide a recommendation letter from your current employer or University lecturer.
Applicants for Governance and Public Policy, Click here
Applicants for Development Studies, visit the official website here