University of Wales, Trinity Saint David
|Salary:||£39.93 Grade 7 per hour plus a holiday entitlement of 18.03%|
|Placed On:||1st March 2023|
|Closes:||15th March 2023|
Fixed Term for 2 years in the first instance
Location: Birmingham Campus
The Institute of Inner-City Learning is seeking to appoint an Hourly Paid Lecturer in Financial Technology (FinTech) at its Birmingham Campus.
– THE ROLE –
The post holder will be required to devise a range of teaching and assessment materials, covering several modules and subject areas within Finance and Technology. They will be required to lead on modules offered as part of the MSc FinTech programme.
Main duties will include:
- Offer teaching and student support at postgraduate level of study, either individually or as a member of a teaching team
- Offer teaching in a variety of learning settings, from seminar and small group tutorials, to large lectures, workshops or placements, using appropriate and engaging teaching styles, within an established program of study
- Design and develop teaching materials, assessment methods and criteria, for individual modules or modules within a specific subject area, with a clear awareness and understanding of relevant quality assurance requirements
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role, to ensure a high-quality student experience
- Undertake relevant scholarly and research activity, either as part of a collaborative project or individually, as a means of updating knowledge in an appropriate specialism and underpinning effective learning and teaching, or for seeking publication, knowledge transfer, public dissemination, or for funding and grant opportunities
- Engage in continuing professional development and enhancement through, for example: gaining membership of the Higher Education Academy; relevant University staff development; or membership of a relevant professional body
- Undertake appropriate administrative tasks, including leading on modules to ensure the effective operation and management of the curriculum and, at the request of a line manager, undertake cross-programme or Academic Discipline administrative role such as student admissions, or involvement in marketing and open day initiatives
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
– REQUIREMENTS –
You should also have:
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as Finance, Technology, Accounting, or Fintech
- Experience in teaching, delivery, assessment and student support at postgraduate level in relevant subject areas of Finance, Technology and/or Fintech
- Experience in the design and development of module content in the areas of Quantitative Methods in Finance, Financial Management, Blockchain, Banking and Financial Markets Regulations, Big Data in Finance, Financial Engineering, Bank Financial Management and Financial Markets
– FURTHER INFORMATION –
- Please note that immigration sponsorship under the UK Government’s Skilled Worker visa route is not available for this role.
– HOW TO APPLY –
Please click here to start your application. Each page of your application will be saved when you click ‘Next’ or ‘Previous’.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
We expect interviews to take place in week commencing 27th March 2023.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th March, 11:59pm.