If you want a well-paying government job, you must pass competitive exams. PET is one such test. Overall knowledge and perseverance are required. We have compiled a list of helpful hints for you. Continue reading to learn about PET exam preparation.
What is PET?
PET is an abbreviation for Preliminary Eligibility Test. It is a yearly exam that determines candidates’ eligibility for competitive exams. The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) administers this exam to fill group C positions in the state government.
- The syllabus of this exam is similar to the competitive UPSC and MPSC exams.
- This exam tests students’ general knowledge and current affairs, language knowledge, critical thinking, logical reasoning, and high school-level mathematics.
- The scores will be given in percentile format. They will be valid for 3 years.
- You can attempt this exam multiple times. There’s no limit to the attempts.
- You can apply for private jobs with this score.
- You will receive the exam score on your mobile number or email address.
How to prepare for PET exams?
It is critical to understand your exam in order to prepare effectively. The PET exam is the first step toward realizing your dream. That is why it is critical to pay close attention while learning. These are some strategies for passing the exam.
You must have a solid plan in place to complete the entire syllabus in the allotted time. This is when your time management abilities will come in handy. Create a schedule and divide each subject into days. Set aside specific study times. It will be easier for you to prepare if you stick to this schedule.
Strengths and weaknesses
While studying the syllabus, you will become aware of your own skills and flaws. To recognize them, you must be that observant. Once you’ve done that, figure out how to work on them. For example, if remembering dates is a problem for you, you can create a chart with the event and dates to memorize every day.
It is also vital to have adequate study materials. The reference books must be highly regarded and well-written. Determine a single author or a reference book for the subject. Selecting too many sources may lead to confusion.
A practice exam is the best approach to figure out where you need to improve. Try as many tests as you can till you reach your target %. It will help you prepare for the test and make it less stressful.