Cheap universities in Canada for international students make higher education more affordable for guardians, parents, and self-sponsored scholars. They are not for everyone, but they provide a good education for many people in developing countries.
The majority of African students prefer to study at Canadian universities. They offer world-class courses and a high standard of living. While studying, an international student can also gain work experience in Canada.
Cheap universities in Canada
Tuition is not free in Canada, but you can find an affordable institution. Some low-cost schools in Canada offer scholarships to international students. The estimated tuition fees (in Canadian dollars) for Canada’s most affordable colleges and universities are listed below.
1. University of Guelph
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: CAD 30,317 to 34,839 per year
- Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Computing
Assistance with visa applications, housing, and an advisor are some of the advantages of studying at the University of Guelph. For international students, it is one of the most affordable universities in Canada. International students pay between CAD 30,317 and 34,839 per year.
Tuition and fees are determined by academic program, course load, cohort year, citizenship, room and meal plan selection, parking, and lockers (if required).
2. Canadian Mennonite University
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 17,000 (Canadian dollars)
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Popular programmes: Biblical and Theological Studies, Communications and Media, English, History, International Development Studies, Mathematics
Canadian Mennonite University is a Canadian university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The university was founded in 2000, and it takes pride in being one of the most affordable universities in Canada for international students.
A full-time international student (including SA) who wishes to receive housing and a full meal plan is required to pay health insurance fees. The annual budget is approximately CAD 17,000 (Canadian dollars).
3. Fanshawe College
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 5,000 and 10,000 per term
- Location: London, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Bachelor of Interior design, Collaborative Nursing, Bachelor of Commerce
Every year, approximately 1,000 international students from over 60 countries attend Fanshawe College. It is not only one of the cheapest colleges in Canada for international students, but also one of the largest.
The college has campuses in other countries, including England, and students must complete their programs on the same campus.
International students pay tuition fees ranging from CAD 5,000 to CAD 10,000 per term. To receive academic credit or use college resources, students must register and pay the required fee(s) each term.
4. Georgian College
- Undergraduate tuition fee: CAD 20,360 to 20,450 per year
- Graduate tuition fee: CAD 17,900 to 19,280 per year
- Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Health and Wellness, Web-design and digital arts, Photography
Georgian College will provide you with excellent value for your money. There are campuses in Barrie, Midland, Muskoka, Orangeville, Orillia, Owen Sound, and South Georgian Bay. It provides a variety of marketable courses, with tuition fees varying depending on the course.
- Certificate: CAD 17,170 to 18,170 (approx.)
- Diploma: CAD 16,990 to 29,200 (approx.)
- Graduate certificate: CAD 17,900 to 19,280 (approx.)
- Degree: CAD 20,360 to 20,450 (approx.)
5. Lambton College
- Undergraduate/Graduate tuition fee: From CAD 25,450 per year
- Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
- Popular programmes: Advanced Photography • APPS, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning • AIMT, Border Services • PSIB, Communicative Disorders Assistant • CDAS
Lambton College is also one of the cheapest colleges in Canada because it provides scholarships and bursaries such as the Community Living Sarnia-Lambton Scholarship Award.
The annual tuition fee is approximately CAD 25,450 and is subject to change each academic year. The fees at Lambton College do not include books (unless otherwise specified), supplies, or living expenses.
Advanced Photography, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Border Services, and Communicative Disorders Assistant are some of the courses available to international students.