Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the American University Of Beirut AUB (Online) 2023/2024 For Sub-Saharan African Students
The American University of Beirut (AUB) offers full scholarships in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation.
This $9 million scholarship program will enable young adults who are sensitive to their communities’ concerns and proactive in their environment to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences at AUB. In addition to full scholarships and living expenses, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at AUB will benefit from intensive preparatory courses, mentoring, career counselling, and internships at institutions and organizations relevant to their field of study. A give-back component is incorporated into the program, which allows students to contribute to their communities through several volunteer projects and activities.
Application Deadline: 21st July 2023
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Eligibility: Graduate scholarships are open to:
- Nationals of Africa
- Nationals of Lebanon
- Refugee and displaced living in Lebanon
Undergraduate scholarships are open to nationals of Lebanon or refugee and displaced living in Lebanon
Selection: Selection and admission are based on:
- Academic promise
- Financial disadvantage
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
Program Benefits: Fully-funded
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars (Offline) will be offered:
- Full tuition scholarships
- Books and computer
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Close supervision and academic support
- Community engagement opportunities
How to Apply:
- Complete the AUB Online Graduate Application Form after creating an account.
- Upload supporting documents as per the requirements indicated on the online application.
- Once you reach the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program box in the application, click on “Apply” in order to recieve the financial survey link specific to this scholarship that needs to be filled and submitted before the application deadline.