The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens* and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)** for the academic year 2023-24 in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (according to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions).
Grants are offered to complete study courses and research/training programs in public or legally recognized Italian educational institutions.
1. Academic qualifications
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute.
2. Age requirements
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 28 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1994), with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 30 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1992), with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 40 years by the deadline of this call (born after June 9th 1982).
3. Master’s Degree (Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Grants for Master’s Degree courses are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
- Admission to the first year of a Master’s Degree course in Italy requires the completion of a Bachelor’s degree; admission to the second year is granted to applicants who can prove satisfactory academic progress with their first year exams.
4. PhD program
- Grants for a PhD program are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months.
- To be admitted to a PhD in Italy, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the University.
- They are also required to provide the admission letter to the PhD from the relevant Italian University.
Duration and Benefits:
HEALTH AND MEDICAL INSURANCE: Grantees will be covered by a collective health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident. The insurance is valid exclusively for the duration of the grant.
The winner of a MAECI scholarship, based on the starting date of the grant and the number of months indicated in the « Dichiarazione di assegnazione di borsa di studio » (Awarding Letter), will receive a monthly amount of 900 euros paid periodically every two or every three months to the personal current account, opened in his/her name, with an Italian banking Institution.
FUNDING PERIOD: Grantees can benefit of the grant in a period of study starting November 1st, 2023 and ending by October 31st 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: June 9th, 2023