BU offers a wide variety of merit scholarships, some even covering full tuition, to recognize high achieving students who go above and beyond. Most awards are for academic achievement, while others go to talented athletes, performers, and artists. Plus, merit-based awards don’t require you to submit a financial aid application and do not have to be repaid.
The competition is keen.
While criteria varies for each scholarship, recipients typically:
- Rank in the top 5% of their high school class
- Have shown incredible extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities
Though test scores are not required, students who submit scores typically:
- Have SAT scores above 1500 and ACT scores above 33
Who is eligible to apply?
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other scholarships.
- International students are considered for the Trustee and Presidential Scholarships only.
High school seniors who have been chosen as National Merit finalists, and are offered admission to Boston University, will be considered for a four-year, $25,000 tuition BU Presidential Scholarship.
To be eligible:
- Submit your application for admission and all supporting credentials by January 4.
- Designate BU as your first-choice college with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation before March 1.