If you are an overseas student enrolling to Clark University for your first year of undergraduate study, you may be eligible for merit scholarships.
When you submit your admissions application, you will be immediately considered for various merit scholarships. Our Presidential Scholarship requires a separate application; however, none of our other merit scholarships do.
Your scholarship eligibility is determined by your academic achievements (as stated on your application for admission), not by your family’s financial necessity. International students who are eligible for scholarships must, however, demonstrate the ability to fund a considerable portion of the cost of their study. Students who want to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship are included. International students at Clark often pay between $25,000 and $45,000 per year.
If you are selected for a merit scholarship, you will be contacted after your admissions decision is made.
Application Deadline: Essay deadline: 1st February, 2024
Eligible Countries: All
Eligible Field of Study: All
Eligibility: An ideal candidate for the Presidential LEEP Scholarship has a high school record which places them at the top of Clark University’s applicant pool, An ideal candidate demonstrates a strong desire to:
- Pursue a demanding academic schedule.
- Collaborate with peers and professors.
- Meet ambitious career and life goals.
- Join a community of scholars with a strong commitment to global change.
- Tackle complex challenges at home and abroad.
Number of Awardees: 5
Value of Scholarship:
- Free tuition, room and board for four years: the annual scholarship renewal would be contingent on candidate’s maintaining a strong academic record at Clark for each of their four years as an undergraduate.
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
How to Apply:
- If you are interested in the Presidential Scholarship, simply check that option when you fill out the Common Application (available after Aug. 1).
- You’ll then receive detailed information — including the topics of the two short essays — on how to apply for the scholarship. The final deadline for submitting the essays is Feb. 1, for Early Action, Early Decision and Regular Decision candidates.
- Students will be notified in March if they have been selected for an interview.
- The Admissions Committee chooses finalists based on the strength of their applications for admission and other criteria identified by the committee. Last year, the committee reviewed more than 450 scholarship applications from the U.S. and around the world before inviting 15 finalists for interviews; of those 15, five were awarded the scholarship and became members of the incoming class. Typically, one or two international students receive this award each year.
FAQ on Clark University Presidential Scholarships
Is it Fully funded? Yes. The Scholarship provides Full tuition, on-campus room and board for all four years, regardless of a family’s financial need.
Can I lose the scholarship even after getting it? Yes. The scholarship requires that you maintain the scholarship by meeting year-to-year continuation requirements; these requirements are included with the student’s admission and awards letter.