Deadline: August 23, 2023
The East African Community Students Mobility Scholarship Scheme (EAC-SMS) is now accepting applications. This scholarship is supported, funded, and executed by member universities of the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA), as well as IUCEA and their parents and students. The primary purpose of this program is to contribute to the development of leaders who will promote EAC regional integration.
Scholarships are available for Master’s and PhD study at East African universities in eligible subjects. Applicants are urged to apply to and study in institutions and programs in other East African nations other than their own. Eligible individuals must apply for Master’s and PhD programs in a variety of subjects such as agriculture, business administration, education, economics, mathematics, engineering, informatics, science, technology, business science, and many more.
This year, there are 46 EAC-SMS Scholarships available. Students from East African countries must apply for the scholarships; in fact, female applicants and students with impairments are especially urged to apply. The program has made it a priority, and up to 30% of the scholarships are earmarked for female students.
You will receive the following benefits if you are selected for the scholarship
- Scholars will receive coverage for travel between their home country and host country.
- The scholarship also covers the full University tuition fees and examination fees for the entire duration of the programme.
- You will receive coverage for Medical insurance costs for the entire duration of the degree
- Other costs involved will be covered the by student’s parents
To apply for this scholarship programme, make sure that you meet the following conditions
- Applicants must be citizens of a partner state of the East African Community
- Candidates who are applying for Masters programme must be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants for PhD studies must be below the age of 45 at the time of application.
- You must possess an undergraduate degree with least an equivalent of Upper Second-Class Honours or Distinction.
- Applicants must apply and receive admission for one of the eligible degree programme at an East African University of their choice.
- You must be applying to study at a University in an East African Country other than your home country.
To apply for the scholarship, you are advised to follow the procedure below.
STEP 1: Applicants are advised to Identify a programme of their interest at one of the participating Universities in a country other than their Home countries.
STEP 2: Apply for admission by completing and submitting the University application form for admission, for the course you will have selected
STEP 3: When submitting your application for admission (remember to include all the supporting documents), indicate that you intend to apply for the EAC-SMS Scholarship Programme
STEP 4: Start your application for the scholarship by registering for the scholarship using the online portal provided.
STEP 5: After conforming your registration, download and complete the scholarship application form from the programme website.
STEP 6: Along with the supporting documents, submit the fully completed application form as a zipped folder. You will need the following documents
- Submit your recent Signed curriculum vitae
- Applicants must include in their scholarship application, copies of all university degree certificates and transcripts.
- You must include a copy of your university Application Form and all its attachments.
- Submit letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship. Your motivation letter must not be more than 500 words and should include the following information
- Explain your Motivation applying to pursue the Masters Programme chosen
- Include how you intend to implement your professional engagement in EAC Integration agenda after completing the Masters
- Demonstrate how you intend to apply the skills and knowledge acquired from the Masters Programme to contribute the EAC Integration Agenda
- Give an overview of your personal professional and academic vision in the next 5 to 10 years
- Submit a recent passport photograph and Evidence of Nationality of a Partner State in the East African Community (national identity card or passport)
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here