Are you a journalist, a blogger or a media manager? if yes, then this scholarship is meant for you.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides two types of scholarships to media and communications professionals from a variety of partner countries.
- Orange Knowledge Programme, or OKP (formerly known as NFP), which is available to 53 countries. Find the list of eligible countries here.
- MSP, which stands for MENA (Middle East and North Africa) Scholarship Programme, which is available to 10 countries. Find the list of eligible countries here.
- 30th of March 2023, before 16.00 hrs CET
- 5th of September 2023, before 16.00 hrs CET
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
Eligible African Countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Other Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Fiji, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Laos, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Moldova, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen.
Type: Short Course
Value of Awards: An NFP or MSP scholarship will cover the full cost of your travel and visa (if required), accommodation and meals, insurance, and the course fee. The NFP and the MSP scholarship programmes are funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and administered by Nuffic, the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education.
Duration: scholarships are available for courses of two weeks or longer.
Eligibility Subject Areas: As of today you can apply with a scholarship for the following courses:
- Investigative journalism
- Media campaigns
- Producing media to counter radicalisation
- Using media for development
- Applicants must be from any country listed above.
- Applicants must be professional journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers coming from the countries listed above.
How to Apply: Apply Now!