Deadline: July 31, 2023
Fill out an application for the CERN Doctoral Student Programme in Geneva, Switzerland. This studentship is available to scholars who have begun or plan to begin a PhD degree in a variety of technical subjects at the university level. Selected students will receive the opportunity to work on their thesis for up to 36 months at the cutting edge of science. Applications are being accepted in a variety of specialities, ranging from Applied Physics to Engineering and Computing. Scholars will work at CERN in Switzerland for a minimum of six months and a maximum of three years.
During your time at CERN, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of fields, developing, enhancing, and being exposed to cutting-edge technology in the fields of: applied physics, information technology, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, science communication and surveying, ultra-high vacuum technology, and ultra-high vacuum technology.
About the Organization: CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers. Their major work concentrates on probing the fundamental structure of the universe. The organization brings together scientist from different domains to study the basic constituents of matter using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments
If selected for the studentship, you will be eligible for the following
- Selected Candidates will sign a contract of association valid for 6 months initially and renewable for up to 3 years.
- The three years (36 months) may be spread over a maximum duration of four consecutive years to allow you to spend time at your university (for periods of up to 12 months, granted as unpaid special leave).
- Scholars will receive a monthly studentship grant worth 3,818 Swiss Francs.
- Selected candidates will also receive travel allowance from their home countries to Switzerland.
- Scholars who have families and / or children may receive a supplemental allowance
- You will receive coverage Health insurance coverage under the CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme
- All scholars will be eligible for 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
To apply, candidates must meet teh following conditions
- Applicants must be citizens/ nationals of a CERN Member country or Associate Member State.
- Candidates must have started or are planning to enroll in a doctoral programme (PhD) in a university.
- Applicants must be committed to incorporate their work at CERN into their thesis work required to obtain your PhD.
- The award of the degree remains the responsibility of your university. Academic arrangements will be discussed between your university thesis supervisor and your CERN supervisor.
- Candidates must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English OR French.
Applications for the Doctoral studentship programme are completed and submitted online using the online application portal provided. During your application, you will be required to submit various supporting documents. You application must be submitted by the deadline of July 31, 2023.
Below is a list of the required supporting documents
- Applicants must submit their most recent CV.
- You must also submit copies of your University degrees and Diplomas
- Applicants are also requested to submit copies of their most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks
- Request and submit a reference letter from your University Professor to be uploaded by you or submitted directly by your referee via a special link
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here