Deadline: November 15, 2023
The program’s goal is to help women pursue full-time graduate or postdoctoral studies in the United States.This program is for qualified female applicants who are not US citizens and do not have permanent residency in the US. Fellowships are available for graduate and postgraduate studies at a US university or institution.
AAUW is offering many International Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowships for the 2024 academic year, which are also renewable for a second year.To be eligible for these fellowships, you must first apply to your desired institution before submitting your fellowship application.
Candidates are typically chosen based on their academic proficiency and success, as well as their dedication to women and girls. Applicants are expected to return to their home countries after finishing their studies to put their abilities to use and become leaders in diverse fields.
Eligible candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree at the time of application, and recipients must intend to return to their home countries to help develop their communities and become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts, and other scientific fields.
Selected applicants will receive the following benefits
- Master’s/first professional degree Scholars will receive a fellowship grant worth $20,000
- Scholars for Doctoral programmes will receive a grant worth $25,000
- Postdoctoral scholars will receive a fellowship grant worth $50,000
These Fellowship grants may be used to cover the following costs.
- Your Educational expenses
- Cover your Living expenses while in the U.S
- Take care of Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship
To apply, you must meet the following conditions
- Applicants my be citizens of any country other than the U.S. if they are to be considered
- Those already residing in the United States must posses a non-immigrant visa
- You must posses an undergraduate qualification equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2023.
- Applicants must be intending to return to their country of origin to pursue a professional career
- Candidates must prove sufficient proficiency in English. Proof of possession of a secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution would be sufficient
- If you are applying for the Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral programme, you must have applied an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year by the deadline of application.
- Those applying for a Postdoctoral programme must provide proof of their doctorate degree.
Applications are summitted online by clicking the Apply Now button on the programme website. Applicants will be required to create their accounts are submit preliminary information. You application will require you to submit supporting documents including the following
- Request and submit three recommendations from professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits
- Submit your Degree, Diplomas and transcripts of records from the college or university where your highest degree was obtained
- You must also submit Proof of English Language proficiency.
- Postdoctoral applicants must submit proof of a doctorate or M.F.A. degree
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here