Deadline: January 10, 2024
The Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence is sponsored by the French Ministry of Europe and overseas Affairs and aims to encourage outstanding overseas students to participate in master’s and PhD programs at French higher education institutions.
Can I Apply?: This program is intended for students under the age of 25 from developing nations at the master’s level, and those under the age of 30 from developing and industrialized countries at the Ph.D. level. The program provides opportunities for future international decision-makers in the corporate and public sectors to study in priority areas.
About the Program:
The scholarship is awarded for a period of 12 months (1 year) for applicants entering their second year of study, 24 months (2 years) for applicants beginning their first year of master’s study, and 36 months (3 years) for applicants entering an engineering program.
For applicants seeking for a PhD degree, the fellowship is awarded for a total of 12 months (1 year). The Eiffel scholarships support the following major disciplines of study:
- Economics and management
- Biology and health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Science and Engineering
- History, French Language and civilization
- The political sciences.
Successful applicates will receive the full scholarship package including the following
- Master’s Degree recipients: The Eiffel scholarship consist of a monthly allowance of €1,181.
- PhD recipients: The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,700.
Other benefits include:
- You will receive coverage for costs of international transport in form of a round-trip international ticket from your country of origin to France
- Selected candidates will receive coverage for the cost of national transport. This is in form of a train ticket to their first study location as well as a train ticket from the last study location to the airport for the return to their country of origin
- You will receive reimbursement of up to a maximum of €50 of the trip between the airport or train station and the first study location when you use a taxi or public transport
- Your Health insurance will be covered by Campus France, for the time needed to register to French Social Security, as required for students from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Beneficiaries may also benefit from a housing allowance, within the 3 months of their arrival .
- Applicants for this program must be non-French nationals. Applicants who hold dual nationalities of which one of them is French will not be considered for the program.
- If you are applying for the master’s level scholarship, you must be no older than 25 years at the time of application,
- Applicants wishing to apply for PhD level scholarship must be no older than 30 years at the time of application.
- You must be applying for a program in one of the fields of study described and sponsored by the program
- Applicants for this program must be non-French nationals. Those who hold dual nationalities of which one of them is French will not be considered for the program.
- Students who are already beneficiaries of another scholarship offered by the French government are not eligible to apply
- Applicants living outside of France will have have priority over those already residing in France
Please note that only French higher education institutions can preselect candidates and send an online application on their behalf on the Campus France website. Therefore you are strictly advised to apply via your higher education institute of choice for this program
- You may contact the International Relations department of the university/school through their website, by email or phone, to know the deadline for the submission of applications.
- Once you get a detailed reply from the institution, you will then forward back all the required document that may include application for admission as well as the scholarship application form
- Your French university/Institution will then decide to support your application to the Eiffel scholarship
- After the vetting process, they will finally will send the application on your behalf.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here