Deadline : September 30, 2023
Apply for the Government of the Czech Republic scholarships for the academic year 2024/2025. The Government of the Czech Republic awards scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study to international students from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic wishing to undertake their studies in Czech Republic.
These scholarships are offered to citizens from selected developing countries for studies at Czech public higher education institutions as an important part of the foreign development cooperation of the Czech Republic and has a long tradition. Scholarships are offered for both Master’ Degree and PhD Study.
The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries. The duration of the the period of stay is 2 Years for a Master’s degree in English, 3 Years for a Master’s degree in Czech language ( year for preparatory course) and 3 – 4 years for PhD.
Successful applicants will attend a Language and preparatory studies (one-year long, only for those who have applied for a scholarship to study in the Czech language) provided for by the Institute for Language and Preparatory Studies of Charles University. Applicants who choose to study in English will be required to sit an online entrance English language test.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits
- This scholarship programme will over the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic.
- Master’s degree students will receive a monthly stipend worth CZK 14,000 (approx. 545 Euro) to cover their daily expenses
- PhD scholars will receive a monthly stipend worth CZK 15,000 (approx. 585 Euro) to cover their expenses
- Scholarship holders are expected to cover Costs related to accommodation, food and public transport using the monthly stipend provided by the program.
For the academic year 2024/2025 conditions for applying for the scholarships are specified below
- Applicants must be citizens and Nationals of of the following eligible countries.
- Selected Applicants for Master’s degree Scholarships may Study in Czech or in English
- Applicants who choose to Study in Czech must take a 1 year long language preoperatory course before commencement for their studies.
- Those who wish to study their Master’s Degree in English must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the English Language.
- PhD programmes are exclusively offered in English, therefore applicants must demonstrate sufficient English Language proficiency
- Students applying for a Master’s study programme must have completed a Bachelor’s study programme at the time of application.
- Candidates applying for a Doctoral study programme must have completed a Master’s study programme at the time of application.
- An applicant for a scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic is obliged to sit an online entrance English language test in the course of his/her application submission (if he/ she wishes to have his/ her studies in English).
Applicants must complete the preliminary online application form. Once your application is reviewed and deemed sufficient to proceed to the next round of the selection procedure, the Czech Embassy in your shall request you to attend an interview.
You must then collect all the relevant application documents as listed below, to be submitted in two copies. These must be submitted by the applicant when they visit the embassy for the interview.
Here is a list of the required documents
- The duly completed and downloaded Application Form for a Scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic. (To be printed up on completion and submission of the online application).
- Your most recent CV with a focus on studies and employment;
- The candidates’ Photocopy of their passport
- You will downloads and sign a declaration about the Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions Governing the Granting of Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic
- A downloaded and signed declaration about the Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions Governing the Provision of Health Services.
- Downloaded and signed Affirmation on Return to your home country upon Completion of your Studies
- A Legalized copy of your birth certificate with a legalized translation into the Czech language.
- A Medical certificate confirming that you are n good health, which must be no more than two months old with a legalized translation into English or into Czech
- Legalized copies of your Degrees, diplomas or certificates a legalized translation into the Czech language by a sworn translator/interpreter entered in the list of experts and interpreters in the Czech Republic.
- A Legalized copy of a Supplement to Diploma or list of completed lectures and examinations including their scope and grades (marks) achieved with a legalized translation into the Czech language
Please note: Applicants for a Doctoral study will have to submit extra documentation including the following
- An overview of your publication history and activity.
- A summary of an expert topics on which the you wish to focus in the Doctoral study programme
- Your Ideas about the focus of the dissertation thesis (3 to 5 pages long).
- Request Two letters of recommendation by professors teaching at an academic institution.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here