Applications for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2023 are now open. The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU YVC), established in 2010, is a flagship continental Youth Leadership program that recruits trains and deploys young African professionals from all 55 AU Member States to serve as professional volunteers for a period of 12 months.
AUYVC promotes volunteerism to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy, programs and initiatives towards the realization of AU Agenda2063 – ‘The Africa We Want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous, and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The concept is in line with the Decision of AU Head of States and Governments in Assembly/AU/Dec.274 (XVI) January 2010, to set up a Continental Volunteer initiative and to promote volunteerism to empower young people and accelerate Africa’s development.
- Open to citizens of an AU Member State living on the continent or in the Diaspora.
- Aged 18 – 35 years (must be under the age of 35 upon completing 12 months service).
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.).
- Available in 2023/24 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for professional volunteer service.
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State.
- Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Swahili , Spanish).
- Has at least one-year verifiable volunteering experience and one-year professional work
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Be committed to work
- Ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity
Duration and Benefits
The African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of pre-deployment training and subsequent volunteer deployment for successful candidates. An African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following benefits & opportunities:
- Unique opportunity to engage at highest continental policy and programs at the African Union
- Network with Young African leaders from across the continent
- Economy return ticket to place of deployment
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses
- Health insurance cover
- AU Service Passport
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service
- Training and mentorship opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should here: click this link
Deadline: September 19th, 2023