ARES Scholarships offers the chance to pursue an advanced bachelor’s or master’s degree programme or a 2-to-6-month continuing education course within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium
Are you a national of an ARES partner country? Do you have a higher education degree?
Do you have professional experience and would you like to deepen your skills in a development-related topic? Then this scholarship is for you
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023
Number of Awards: 130 Bachelor’s and Masters scholarships and 70 continuing education scholarships are available.
Value & Duration of Award: The scholarship covers international travel expenses, living allowance, registration fees, visa costs, insurance, etc.
Eligible Field of Study: Eligible Bachelors, Masters, and continuing education courses in the fields of aquaculture, health, food technology, economics, international development, GIS, information technology, agriculture, environment, human rights, microfinance, etc.
See the complete list of eligible courses at the official website.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Guinea (Conakry), Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam and Zimbabwe
Eligibility: To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be national, reside and work in one of the following countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Guinea (Conakry), Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam and Zimbabwe
- Hold a diploma comparable to a graduate level degree (300 credits ECTS) from Belgian university studies for advanced masters and countinuing education courses (equivalent to Bac+5); Hold a diploma comparable to a undergraduate level degree (180 credits ECTS) for advanced bachelors (equivalent to Bac+3). The candidate must have held the relevant academic degree for a maximum of 20 years at the time of the start of the course. This maximum period is increased by one year by childbirth and/or adoption.
- Possess relevant professional experience in a ARES partner country of at least two years after graduate studies for advanced bachelors, after postgraduate studies for advanced masters and countinuing education courses.
- Complete the application in the language in which the training is given and can attest a good written and spoken knowledge of it. Moreover, knowing a minimum of French allows for a good integration into daily life in Belgium.
- Apply for only one training course.
Applicants should not obtain prior admission to one of the French-speaking institution in Belgium in order to be considered for ARES scholarship.
How To Apply: To apply for the scholarship, you must create a GIRAF account online and complete the scholarship application form. Applications must be submitted before by 17 November 2023 at 12pm (Belgian time, UTC+1)
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the applicati.on form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.