The Vu Amsterdam Fellowship Programme for International Students provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for bright potential non-EU/EEA students to study a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. VU Amsterdam has pledged to invest roughly one million euros in attracting highly motivated and exceptional students.
The VUFP scholarship is available for either a one-year or two-year Master’s degree. Only if 100% of the ECTS from the first year are obtained will the scholarship be continued for the second year of a two-year Master’s study.
Students who are already enrolled in a two-year Master’s program and were not given the VUFP scholarship in 2023/2024 are unable to apply for the VUFP scholarship in 2024/2025.
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Value & Duration of Award:
The VUFP scholarship covers the tuition fees only. It does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs, like rent, food, insurances. Be aware that you must be able to finance these living expenses by yourself.
When applying for the VUFP scholarship, you automatically also apply for the NL Scholarship (formerly HSP). No separate application is necessary.
NL Scholarship is a contribution towards the costs of living. It is 5.000 EUR or 10.000 EUR for the entire duration of your study period. Please note:
- The NL Scholarship is awarded only for the first year of your study programme. You will not receive the NL Scholarship for the second year of your studies even if you are following a two-year study programme.
- We have around 20- 25 HSP scholarships available. Only a few of the VUFP awardees will get the NL Scholarship.
Eligible Countries: Non- EU/ EEA Countries
Eligibility: To be considered for the VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme, you must:
- You hold a non- EU/ EEA passport and you are not eligible for the lower tuition fee.
- You do not have the Dutch nationality
- You can prove your academic excellence (GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8).
- You are conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam starting per September 2024. Please note that:
- students starting in February cannot apply,
- joint programmes where VU Amsterdam does not administer the admission process are excluded from VUFP.
- The degree with which you are seeking admission has not been obtained in the Netherlands.
- You do not need to complete a preparatory programme before the start of your Master.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply For This Scholarship” below