The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) is a highly selective programme for talented international students who wish to study for a master’s degree at Utrecht University. This scholarship program lets very talented people from all over the world study certain subjects at Utrecht University. The funds for the scholarships come from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University, and contributions from Utrecht University alumni.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Value of Award: The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- the tuition fee, or
- the tuition fee plus the income required for a period of one year linked to a residence permit for study as determined by the IND (Immigration and Naturalization Service).
- The scholarship can be renewed for the second year of two-year master’s programmes.
Eligible Field of Study:
- Arts and Culture
- Biomedical Science
- History of Art and Film
- Social Science
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Eligibility: To be considered for the for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must belong to the top 10% of your graduating class.
- You must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch study grant and loan system.
- You must have completed your secondary school and/or bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands.
- You must have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September 2023. Not all program participate. Please check Master’s program > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
How To Apply: After submitting an application (or applications) for a UES eligible master’s program before the stated deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the opportunity to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship. You will see the UES application(s) in your OSIRIS Online Application account dashboard. Click view/edit for the UES linked (related process) to the program you wish to apply for, upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10% of your class, answer the questions and submit the application.
Scholarship Docs: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Official Transcripts.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Motivation Letter.
- Statement Declaring Purpose.