For the 2024 academic year, the DELTAS Africa SSACAB II Consortium is seeking full-time applications for 37 MSc, 18 PhD, and 7 Post-Doctoral fellowships in Biostatistics. Candidates with a good background in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, and other quantitative subjects are eligible for fellowships. Additionally, qualified applicants from health science domains such as biomedical sciences, pharmacy, and medicine who may benefit from a biostatistics degree are urged to apply. Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements should apply for a position at one of the Consortium Partner or Collaborating Institutions.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2023
Value of Award: The MSc scholarships will cover the following for selected fellows in the 2024 academic year:
- Tuition fees and basic medical insurance.
- A monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- Reasonable support for the MSc research project and supervision.
- Travel costs to and from the academic training institution and the host research institution
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Eligible Field of Study: Biostatistics
- Wits University
- Wits Global Change Institute (GCI)
- University of Abomey- Calavi
- Moi University
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme
- University of Pretoria and South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC)
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- University Medical Center Utrecht
- MSc scholarships are open to candidates with a strong background in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, and other quantitative fields. Additionally, the following are also encouraged to apply:
- (1) Competent candidates from the health science fields, such as biomedical sciences, pharmacy, and medicine who may benefit from a postgraduate course in biostatistics.
- (2) Candidates who have completed their masters’ coursework and require support with their research component.
- Eligible applicants should have applied for a place at either the partner or collaborating institutions offering postgraduate biostatistics degree programs.
- The scholarship is open to nationals of low and middle-income countries in the Sub-Saharan African region who are resident in the region as per World Bank definition
- Applicants should be under 35 years of age to qualify for the MSc program. Applicants
- Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the respective universities offering the MSc degree before applying for the fellowship
How To Apply: The application process is two-fold:
- Applicants should first apply for places at their preferred host training institution. Contact information for each institution and their respective Institutional Leads is provided below.
- Separate written applications for the DELTAS Africa SSACAB II scholarship should be sent to Dr. Pascalia Munyewende: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to Prof. Eustasius Musenge: email@example.com
Applications must provide the academic training institution with:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including relevant research and work experience
- Letter of motivation explaining why you want to pursue an MSc in biostatistics
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Evidence of acceptance or application to study Biostatistics at a partner institution in 2024 academic year
- Two confidential referee reports should be sent directly to the training institution