in

SANEF Blasts Ramaphosa Over ‘Broken Promise’ To Answer Questions From Media

The SA National Editors’ Forum (Sanef) has blasted President Cyril Ramaphosa over what it referred to as breaking his promise to answer questions from the media following his address to the nation on Sunday evening.

The forum had previously raised concerns over the evasiness of the president in responding to questions following the numerous addresses that he has made to the nation since the start of the lockdown in March in response to Covid-19.

The latest concern raised by Sanef comes after former Gauteng premier Mbhazima Shilowa said that it was concerning that the media was not asking the president questions following his briefings.

“Sanef and the Presidency owe the country an explanation on why the president doesn’t take questions from the media after addressing the nation.

“I know ministers conduct briefings and take questions but it is no substitute. All heads of government do. Our media allows it,” lamented Shilowa.

However, Sanef told Shilowa that the organisation had pleaded with the president and his office to allow questions at their last engagement with Sanef.

“The Presidency and President Cyril Ramaphosa promised to take questions. Alas, he did not keep his word,” Sanef said.

Presidency spokesperson Khusela Diko has yet respond to a request for comment.

Loading...

Written by Ph

[g1_socials_user user="6" icon_size="28" icon_color="text"]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Six Councillors Taken To Court Over Millions On COVID-19 Campaign

K.O Threatens To Take Legal Steps Against Gauteng Government Over Covid-19 Video