Do you actually know how important peeing is? Well, if you think that it is not so much, you are very wrong. In fact, one of the ways in which you can easily figure out how hydrated you are, is by looking at how many times you go to the bathroom.
Most of the individuals that have studied urology, agree that there is no set amount of times one should pee, but most of the people pee four times a day, maxing out at around seven, which is normal. But if you pee more than seven times, you don’t need to freak out yet. There are many factors that can affect how frequently you urinate, and the starting one is how often you hydrate yourself.
By drinking more amounts of water, you will pee more often. Also, there are some other irritants, such as coffee, alcohol and some other drinks, which will make you to hit the loo more often. Some people have sensitive bladders, and even the slightest urging makes them to run to the bathroom. But, there are also those of us that can hold our bladders until we are likely to explode.
However, it is possible to pee too often. By drinking the normal and recommended daily dose of fluids, you will pee often, but if you pee more than eleven times, that is a sign that you maybe have an issue, such as an overactive bladder that is contracting more than it needs to. So this will be the reason for feeling the need of peeing more often. But, there are also some good news about this, as we can train our bladder to do the otherwise.
SOME OTHER PEE FACTS:
– Healthy pee needs to be translucent;
– As you grow older, you will pee more often;
– If your urine has a sweet smell, this may be a sign of diabetes;
– It is okay holding the pee in, until it starts hurting;
– If you hold your pee in the bladder regularly, there is a risk that it may get infected;
– Pee is mostly (95%) water;
– Certain foods can change the color of your pee; if you eat blackberries, it may get pink;
– A rancid smell of the pee can appear after eating asparagus;
– An average urine steam should last around seven seconds;
– As you grow older, your urine steam will weaken.
In order to avoid the “fun” task of waking up in the middle of the night to pee, you should not drink anything when you plan to go to the bed.