1 cup (250 ml) quinoa
1/2 cup (625 ml) ready to use vegetable broth
1/2 cup store-bought basil pesto
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh basil
1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted flaked almonds
2 cups (500 ml) Peppadew Whole Piquante Peppers (stuffed with cream cheese if you prefer)
1/2 cup (125 ml) finely diced red onion
2 lemon, halved
Greek yoghurt and olive oil to dress
1. Place quinoa and 2 ¼ cups of vegetable broth in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Set aside and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine red onion, quinoa, pesto, parsley, and basil until well combined.
3. Grill or char lemons on the grill or in a pan.
4. Serve salad on a platter, add Peppadew Whole Piquante Peppers with cream cheese.
5. Serve salad with lemons; squeeze lemons and drizzle olive oil and yoghurt over just before serving.