- 300 g purple-sprouting broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 600 ml soya/oat milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Essential seed mix (a combination of equal amounts pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds and linseeds)
Place the broccoli, onion and oat/soya milk in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened.
Transfer the mixture to your blender (holding the lid down) and pulverise to a smooth consistency. Add the oil, bouillon powder and peanut butter and season with salt and pepper, and then blend again.
Pop in the cider vinegar and return the soup to the pan and reheat gently. Serve in warm bowls with hot, crusty bread and a sprinkling of essential seed mix. The recipe will be able to serve 4 – Enjoy!