Well, this is kind of depressing. Despite being holed up together for days at Sandringham with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles, it sounds like Prince William and Prince Harry still haven’t managed to find a middle ground. According to a new report, the royal brothers didn’t end on a good note and are, more or less, happy to have gone their separate ways.
- A family friend told People recently that there’s still tension between Harry and William. “They didn’t leave on good terms by any means, but they are both relieved that it’s over,” the royal insider revealed.
However, there is some hope. The source said that even though they’re nowhere near being as close as they once were, William and Harry have been talking a bit more since Megxit.
- At the BAFTAs recently, though, William was seen chuckling at a Prince Harry joke, which many took as a step in the right direction. Brad Pitt made a Prince Harry reference in front of Prince William and Kate Middleton, and welcomed the UK to the singles club after Brexit, in his best-supporting actor acceptance speech at the #BAFTAs— February 3, 2020, When Margot Robbie made a joke about Brad Pitt calling his award “Harry” because he was excited to take it back to America, both William and Kate were spotted laughing, giving the impression that maybe things aren’t so bad in the royal family. “Perhaps [Meghan and Harry] didn’t think things through exactly as they could have, but they wanted to be happy,” the family friend told People. “Who can blame them for that?” Not Wills.
- The rift between the men started when Harry first started dating Meghan. When things appeared to be moving fast between the couple, William, being a big brother, stepped in and, in so many words, asked Harry to pump the brakes a bit and take things a little more slowly. Harry, being Harry, didn’t appreciate the words from William and lost it. Sadly, ever since then, things just haven’t been the same between them.
- Since Harry and Meghan announced their decision to step back from royal duties, there have reportedly been a number of reactions from the royal family. Initially, it was said that Prince Charles was “incandescent with rage,” whereas the Queen and William were both disappointed. Now that the dust is settling, though, it seems like everyone is, in their own way, coming around to Harry and Meghan’s decision to do what’s best for their family.
- It’s unfortunate that things ended on a sour note between William and Harry, but hopefully, that’s not the end for the brothers. From the sound of things, it’s going to take a while for Harry and William to ever find a normal life again, but perhaps the distance between the two of them will help facilitate it a bit. Clearly, Harry and William are cut from different cloths, but at the end of the day, they’re brothers who grew up in an extraordinary family side-by-side. Surely that’s a bond no situation will ever be able to break.