Try out this rich and cheesy pastry-free quiche.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- Half an onion – finely cut
- 1 small garlic clove – finely cut
- 3 eggs
- 250 g cream cheese or smooth cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar
- Handful of fresh chives finely cut
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 g crispy bacon
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Heat the butter in a saucepan and fry the broccoli florets, onion and garlic for a few minutes. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, add the cream cheese, cheddar and chives. Mix thoroughly then add the sautéed broccoli and season to taste.
In oven-proof ramekins or dessert bowls, add spoonfuls of filling to the top. Bake for 30 minutes until firm and colored.
Serve hot with crispy bacon.