The word communication is derived from the Latin word communis which means to share.
Communication is a process that is dynamic, continuous, and irreversible but at the same time reciprocal in nature.
It is the process of passing information and understanding from one person to another.
The Various Means of communication has made interpersonal relation close and easy and without communication it is impossible to exchange feedback.
Good Communication is the foundation of all human relationship.
Many people believe that the significance of communication is like the importance of breathing hence it is deeply intertwined with the human existence
We begin communicating from the moment we are born; letting our mothers know we have arrived with our first cry.
A baby’s only hope of summoning help is to let out a piecing cry.
Cry is an ancient alarm and it produces a powerful parental response. By doing this a mother can perfectly understand and communicate with her child.
The main motive of communication is to create a friendly environment to share thoughts and feelings.
Few importance of Good communication:
- Communication helps to spread knowledge and information among people: Communication helps people to express ideas and feelings, and at the same time, helps us to understand emotion and thoughts of the others. As a result, we will develop affection or hatred toward other people and as such either positive or negative relationships will be created.
- Good communication Help to reduce the barriers of language and cultural differences, effective communication causes productivity to increase, errors to decrease and operations to run smoother in every organisation.
- Good communication helps an organasation perform the basic functions of management which are Planning, Organizing, Motivating and Controlling.
- Communication is basic to an organization’s existence from birth of the organization. when communication stops, organized activity ceases to exist.
- it enables you to get the trust of the people and at the same time bring better opportunities before you.
- Communication helps to create a strong team environment in the office and other places
- Through communication, one can find solutions to even the critical problems. When we talk, we get ideas from people that help us to solve the issues. This is only possible if you are able to put your thought in the right place.
- Good communication could earn you more respect: If your communication skills are excellent, people will love and respect you. Whenever there is any problem, you will be the first person to be contacted thus increasing your importance.
- Communicating well with children improves your bond with them, and encourages them to listen to you.
- Positive communication can reinforce good behavior and help to understand and eliminate bad behavior.
- Good communication helps to build a child’s confidence and self-esteem.
To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others. Can you imagine what would happen if you are not allowed to talk for a long time?