This is a simple recipe for the thin, delicious Nigerian-style pancakes. It is made with those ingredients that we always have in our kitchen. So you do not have any excuse for not making this recipe right away. It’s an amazing choice for breakfast for the family and it’s quick and easy.
Most Nigerians think of pancake as just a snack. Yes, pancakes go well with a chilled drink. But have you ever thought of another way to enjoy pancake? Now listen to this! Pancake is the most balanced meal you can have at breakfast as it is a blend of protein (from the eggs), carbohydrates (from the flour) and fats and oil (from the butter and vegetable oil). And we are not even talking about the micro nutrients. Maybe that’s why the pancake is commonly referred to as Diet in Nigeria.
So put more effort into your morning breakfast by preparing this recipe for you and your family.
- 1 cup | (150g) of plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup (125 mls) of evaporated milk (Peak Milk)
- 1 cup (250 mls) of water
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 6 teaspoons of sugar (or to taste)
- Vegetable oil
- Sieved the flour into a bowl, added just a pinch of salt
- Mix 2 spoons of powdered milk and sugar in a glass of water before adding to the flour
- Add the eggs last, and stirred again until well mixed
- Scoop and pour gently in a hot fry pan that has just a few drops of oil in it. (Quick tip: Tilt the fry pan to different directions, so that the little oil wets the whole bottom of the pan, before pouring in the flour)
- In just a matter of seconds, flip the sides of the pancake.
- Repeat the whole process to finish frying everything