in ,

Lesufi To Visit Pretoria School Where 5 Pupils Allegedly Cut Off 12-year-Old’s Finger

12 June 2014 Gauteng MEC for Education, Panyaza Lesufi talks about his plans during an interview with Sowetan. Pic: Vathiswa Ruselo Sowetan/Sunday World

Officials from the Gauteng Department of Education are expected to visit a primary school in Booysens, Pretoria, on Monday following an incident that left a 12-year-old pupil without part of one of his fingers.

It is alleged the pupil’s finger was cut off by five others from the same school.

The incident reportedly happened on 20th February. 

Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi confirmed the incident and tweeted the matter had not been reported to the department by the school’s principal.

“Indeed, we were made aware of this sad incident. Our officials will be visiting the school for the necessary investigation which will assist to take decisive action.

“It is regrettable that such an incident occurred in our environment,” department spokesperson Steve Mabona said.

Loading...

Written by Mathew

[g1_socials_user user="12" icon_size="28" icon_color="text"]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Sans Souci Teacher Back In Court For Assaulting Pupil

Ladysmith Water Is Safe Says Umgeni Water, After Claims That The Supply Had Been Poisoned