A healthy va gina is equivalent to a healthy woman. So, it is very important that all women should be concerned about their va ginal health. If you want to protect yourself from common yeast infections and va ginal odour, then follow these simple 9 Commandments to keep your va gina healthy.
1. Never use soap: At times, the odour of your va gina can be very overpowering embarrassing, but at these times, avoid cleaning your pubic area with soap or liquid cleanser. The va gina can stay clean by itself, as our body has a system for it. Also, during menstruation, just wash it with water to maintain good hygiene.
2. Stay away from va ginal sprays: You might think that using a floral spray on your va gina, will give it a sweet-smelling scent, but this could actually ruin the pH level of your va gina and cause irritation and other problems.
3. Maintain good hygiene during your periods: For a healthy va gina, it is very important to follow proper hygiene during menstruation. Never use your sanitary napkins for too long. It absorbs blood and if used for a longer duration it can cause bacteria build-up and lead to rashes and irritation.
4. Wear cotton panties: Choose cotton panties over other material as they dry quickly and also allows passage of air, which further helps in preventing yeast infections due to damp conditions. So, avoid fancy underwear made from fabrics like lace, silk or synthetic material.
5. Wear loose clothes: Wearing tight clothes like skinny pants usually traps moisture and can lead to yeast infection and rashes. So, it is very important to wear loose-fitting clothes.
6. Trim pubic hair: Maintain good vaginal health by regularly trimming your pubic hair. Excess hair around your va gina can create a moist environment, which can cause bacteria to grow leading to infection.
7. Do kegel exercises: Kegel exercise will help to strengthen your pelvic muscles and also help you enjoy sex. While you urinate, try stopping your urine midstream, by tightening your muscles for few seconds and then release them.
8. Drink plenty of water: The best way to keep your va gina healthy is by drinking water at regular intervals. Water helps to throw out bacteria present in the body in the form of urine, and helps in boosting your va ginal health.
9. Check strange va ginal behaviour: If you notice a strange, smelly vaginal discharge, excess itching or unusual colour then it is important that you treat these symptoms by consulting your doctor, in order to prevent it from getting worse.