The mere thought of having Oprah for president is so appealing, hard-core fans are all mentally doing the Tom Cruise couch jump.
If her 90s talk show is anything to go by, things in the First World would surely be done a little bit differently.
If Oprah was president of America…
- There would be regular couch sessions during which people from all walks of life would be given a chance to share their stories.
- Random people would be given make-overs, study bursaries or new homes, all in the name of kindness.
- There would be a lot of free concerts by really awesome artists, and probably a lot of street parties too.
- Life coaching, counselling and financial advice would be mandatory at all schools and places of work, because we should all be living our best lives.
- Oprah would do lots of walk-abouts, and if she finds a product she really likes, offer to endorse the business, or even buy it out.
- She would hand out free sneakers, electrical appliances, luxurious bath salts and freshly baked pies in the streets, simply because they are her favourite things.
- Women’s rights and racial issues would be highlighted and addressed with empowerment initiatives.
- She would open free education schools for underprivileged girls.
- She would turn to social media to inspire citizens with uplifting words of wisdom, such as ‘Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.’
*Oprah made history this week by becoming the first black woman to win the Cecil B. De Mille lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes.
Her acceptance speech was met with a standing ovation and, days later, social media is still buzzing with the hashtag #oprahforpresident2020
Watch her speech here: