Premier of Gauteng, David Makhura, has announced his ten-member cabinet.
There are six new faces in Gauteng’s executive council.
Makhura’s deputy in the ANC, Panyaza Lesufi has been moved from Education to Finance and e-Government.
Nomantu Nkomo-Ralehoko has replaced Lesufi as the head of the Education portfolio.
The rest of Makhura’s cabinet comprises the following;
- MEC for Community Safety: Faith Mazibuko
- MEC for Human Settlements, Urban Planning and Cogta: Lebogang Maile
- MEC for Social Development: Thuliswa Nkabinde-Khawe
- MEC for Public Transport and Road Infrastructure: Jacob Mamabolo
- MEC for Infrastructure Development and Property Management: Tasneem Motara
- MEC for Economic Development, Agriculture and Environment: Dr. Kgosientsho Ramokgopa
- MEC for Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation: Mbali Hlophe
- MEC for Health: Bandile Masuku
The new MECs will be sworn in on Thursday at Emoyeni Conference Centre.