Preparation time : 20 min
- 500 g pork cubes
- 100 ml teriyaki sauce* (or your favourite marinade)
- 250 ml couscous
- 250 ml chicken stock, hot
- lemon rind and juice to taste
- 100 g almonds, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, cut in wedges
- baby salad leaves
You can substitute the pork with beef or chicken.
Marinade the pork in the sauce for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, add the boiling hot stock to the couscous in a bowl with a tight lid. Cover and allow it to steam for about 2-3 minutes, using a fork to loosen the grains. Add the lemon juice, a dash of olive oil, almonds, onion and tomato and stir through.
Skewer the pork and arrange on a baking tray. Grill in a preheated oven until cooked and golden brown.
In a serving dish, mix the salad leaves with the couscous and serve with the sosaties.
Teriyaki sauce is a Japanese marinade consisting of soya sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic.