|Salary:||£17,704 to £19,450 pa (Actual Salary) Term Time only FTE 19,731-21,767|
|Placed On:||10th February 2023|
|Closes:||28th February 2023|
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed workshop technician who will support the practical and technical aspects of the construction curriculum by preparing, providing, maintaining, organising and managing the resources required for healthy, safe and secure, exciting practical activities to be carried out by staff and learners.
To be a successful candidate you must have recent industry experience and experience of working with young adults with SEMH needs. You must also have an interest and passion for joinery and/or woodwork.
- Maintain teaching workshop, preparation of rooms and equipment in a safe and efficient state, in accordance with statutory regulations and the College Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure that workshops and the preparation of rooms are kept tidy and in a suitable state for carrying out practical lessons. This will include cleaning and maintaining the workshop.
- Liaise with the teaching staff for the apparatus needs of lessons and ensure that equipment is in working order.
- Prepare and set out materials and equipment for staff demonstrations and Learner experiments, as requested by the teaching staff.
- Support teaching staff in working with learners on specific projects – this may involve the construction of demo models.
- Liaise with teachers in testing and developing new practicalls.
- Prepare materials for external practical assessments as required by the examination board, ensuring their security and confidentially at all times.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data maybe used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation Act 1974. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children and vulnerable adults.