Each year, the Board of Admissions bestows the Presidential Scholarship on entering first-year students who have excelled academically. Presidential Scholars are not only among our most academically gifted students, but they also achieve outside of the classroom and are leaders in their schools and communities. This tuition grant of $25,000 is renewable for up to four years of undergraduate studies at BU.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2023
THE COMPETITION IS KEEN.
While criteria varies for each scholarship, recipients typically:
- Rank in the top 5% of their high school class
- Have shown incredible extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities
Though test scores are not required, students who submit scores typically:
- Have SAT scores above 1500 and ACT scores above 33
Eligibility: International incoming first-year students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement. In addition to being among our most academically talented students, Presidential Scholars demonstrate excellence beyond the classroom and are leaders in their schools and communities.
Eligible Countries: International & Domestic
Value of Award: $25,000
Duration of Award: Up to 4 years
How to Apply:
As a first-year international student applicant, you must submit the following credentials:
- Common Application
- Secondary School Records
- Senior Year Grades
- Counsellor Recommendation and School Report Form
- Teacher Evaluation
- English Proficiency Testing Results
- Documentation of Financial Support
- Copy of Data Page of Passport
- Standardized Tests (Optional)
No additional essays or application forms are required. Students who wish to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship should submit their application and supporting credentials by December 1.