The liver has several important functions in the body like detoxifying the body as well as storing iron and vitamins, and helping with metabolism amongst other things. Here are ways to keep it healthy.
1. By not drinking alcohol and smoking especially excessively. The liver works best and is kept healthy when smoking and alcohol are completely out of the way.
2. Eating food rich in Vitamin C which protects it (the liver)
3. Staying away from processed food especially diary and refined sugar.
4. Exercising daily and maintaining a healthy weight keeps it functioning well.
5. Include more liver cleaning foods including garlic, turmeric, broccoli, apples and more to help keep it in great shape.
6. Reduce salt intake and reduce excessive consumption of red meat/animal protein
7. Avoid getting constipated often, by all means make bowel movement a habitual thing.