The body is made up of 66% water, so it’s important to drink enough liquid every day to keep this balance. On the off chance that you find plain water boring , however, meeting your hydration needs can precarious.The good news is that cucumber-infused water has a refreshing flavor and provides more health benefits than plain water alone.
Drinking cucumber water not only keeps you hydrated, it helps your body fight free radicals, keeps your bones and blood healthy and keeps your digestive system on track.
1. LOWERS RISK OF HEART DISEASE: Cardiac disease is the number one killer in America, according to the American Heart Association. However, the good news is that you can reduce your chances of developing this disease through good lifestyle choices such as a healthy diet, regular exercise and including cucumber water in your diet. It has been shown to help reduce high blood pressure — a major risk factor for heart disease — by helping the kidneys to get rid of extra sodium in the body.
2. HELPS REMOVES TOXIC BUILD UP IN YOUR BODY: Between the chemicals in food and drinking water, air pollution and even household chemicals and cleaners, our bodies are exposed to a lot of toxins on a daily basis. These toxins can build up in the system and cause fatigue and other problems. Cucumber water, however, can help detoxify our bodies due to its high water and high fiber content, which make it easier for the body to eliminate harmful chemicals every time we go to the bathroom.
3. IT PREVENTS WEAK BONES: Osteoporosis is a serious, chronic condition which puts you at a much higher risk for broken bones — and which is particularly a problem for women once they hit menopause. When most people think about bone health, calcium, vitamin D and magnesium come to mind — but vitamin K is incredibly important, too. And luckily, cucumbers are incredibly rich in vitamin K, which helps to form the bones matrix and keeps the bone dense and strong.
4. HELPS PREVENTS MUSCLE WEAKNESS: Lack of exercise and of certain nutrients in the diet makes it easy for muscles to get flabby and weak — and this can make it harder to lose weight, exercise regularly and get into shape. Cucumber water, however, can nourish the muscles with important nutrients like silicon. If you are on a program to help build up your muscles through weight-lifting or weight-bearing exercises, cucumber water is a great way to make that program more effective.
5. PREVENTS DRY SKIN: Sun exposure, cold or hot weather and air pollution can all take its toll on your skin, leaving it dry, red and itchy. However, cucumber water can help. When you drink it, you help to not only hydrate your skin from within, you also provide silicon and vitamin B-5, two nutrients your skin needs to stay healthy. When you use it as a toner, you can help reduce inflammation and irritation and keep your skin smooth and clear.
6. HELPS SHED EXTRA WEIGHT: Anyone who has been on a diet knows just how hard it is to shed those excess pounds. Cucumber water can help: drinking it can help to curb your appetite and make it easier to cut down on calories without suffering from hunger pains. It also helps you to reduce overall calories if you use it as a replacement for sodas, juice or other sugary drinks.