A good diet, though, is not simply knowing what to eat or drink – it’s also knowing when to eat and drink. For maximum benefits from water, it’s always good to drink it when you’re feeling a bit hungry.
Drinking water always has lots of benefits, however. It really doesn’t matter if you’re drinking it on a full or an empty stomach – you will always reap rewards. Let’s take a look at 10 fantastic benefits of drinking it on an empty stomach.
1. It Flushes Out Your Bowels: Your bowels would be pretty gross if you could get a proper look at them. This is where all your waste is prepared before it eventually exits your body. It sounds gross but it’s totally natural. But while some people are blessed with regular-moving bowels, others are not. For these unfortunate souls, waste in the bowels often builds and builds and builds before finally making its dramatic exit! If this sounds like you, you should try drinking water on an empty stomach to get things moving regularly once more. Water essentially removes toxins from your body – including waste.
2. Water Cleans Your Colon: While we’re on the subject of gross but natural organs, the colon isn’t exactly the cleanest one around. But there are ways to make it cleaner. And by so doing, you will feel a lot better. You’ll be less bloated, and your body will be able to absorb nutrients from food quicker. YAn easy way to clean out your colon is by drinking a glass of water on an empty stomach.
3. It Eliminates Toxins: Speaking of toxins, toxins are annoying. Toxins are basically harmful agents that are found in food and your environment. For example, if you live in a city full of pollution, it’s likely that you’ve got more toxins in your system than someone living by the sea. And once toxins have built up in your system, they can cause symptoms such as fatigue and headaches. The easiest way to flush toxins out of your system is to drink water on an empty stomach, especially in the morning. Toxins have a habit of multiplying overnight, so drink water as soon as you wake up to give yourself some much-needed energy for the rest of the day.
4. It Boosts Your Metabolism: If you’re looking to lose a bit of weight, drinking water on an empty belly is a trick that compliments the rest of your diet. It’s super simple and works a treat. How? By speeding up your metabolism by around 25%. This is good news, as in the long run you will be able to lose more weight.
5. It Can Improve Your Hunger: Water is a funny one in the sense that it can either increase or decrease your appetite – it just depends on how hungry you really were in the first place. For example, a lot of people complain that they never have an appetite in the morning. As such, they skip breakfast until finally their appetite comes. A good way of getting an appetite as soon as you wake up is by drinking a glass of water on your empty belly. Within a few minutes, your appetite will appear!