Deliciously scrumptious and full of flavour.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli (seeded, finely sliced)
- 2 avocados, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 10 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- squeeze of lime
- sea salt and black pepper
- TO SERVE:
- 4 pita breads and mayonnaise
Place chicken, olive oil, lime, garlic and chilli together in a bowl. Season and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
Heat a griddle pan/barbecue. Cook chicken till golden, cooked through.
Combine avocado, papaya and coriander with a squeeze of lime. Season.
Heat pitas to packet instructions. Slice in half and fill with a little mayonnaise, chicken and avo mixture. Top with extra fresh coriander.
Serve immediately, with extra mayonnaise.