Imbewu fans know Futhi and Zakithi Bhengu, our favourite twins on TV, and some people think one person is playing both roles when it really is a set of twins playing as twins.
They’ve been in the entertainment biz for years and enjoy confusing those around them with their identical looks.
We gathered a little more information from http://www.youthvillage.co.za on the two actresses because they are just so interesting.
Here are 10 facts about the twins you might find entertaining to know:
- Nokubonga and Nokwanda were born five minutes apart, but they both claim the title of ‘eldest’.
- For those having trouble knowing who’s who on Imbewu – Nokubonga is the fiery Zakithi at Maluju Oil and Nokwanda plays as Futhi.
- The two were indecisive after finishing school and attended Coastal KZN TVET College.
- Nokubonga and Nokwanda grew up in Umlazi, KZN.
- The twins opened a salon at home to support their singing, dancing and acting dreams.
- Nokwanda had a baby when she was in her 20’s, which sadly passed away at two-years-old.
- Like all twins the two have their own personalities – Nokwanda is quiet and Nokubonga is the louder one.
- Before becoming the twins we love on our screens today, they travelled the world with the ion King international tour. Nokubonga was based in Las Vegas, Hamburg, London and Taipei, and Nokwanda was based in Brazil and Shanghai.
- When they were kids they got jobs to help their mom raise five girls. Nokubonga worked at a call centre in Mount Edgecombe and Nokwanda worked as a waitress in Durban.
- The twins were part of the play Madiba’s Magic Song in 2003.
Take a look at how identical these two really are: