- The Cape Town Festival in March(dates subject to change). Here a variety of musicians, performing artists, dancing and visual arts show their talents. It is very well attended and some of South Africa’s greatest talents are showcased here. Please Google the Cape Town Festival for this year’s dates.
- Cape Town Fashion Week in August (dates subject to change) is a place where you can see what a few budding fashionistas have to offer the fashion world and view some outlandish outfits that you will probably only experience once in a lifetime. Please Google Cape Town Fashion Week for this year’s dates.
- The Robertson Slow Food and Wine Festival in August (dates subject to change) focuses on the art of slow cooking and indulgent warm comfort traditional food made by the locals and coupled with delicious wines. Please Google this festival for this year’s dates.
- Hermanus Wine and Food Fair in August (dates subject to change) is one of South Africa’s top 10 wine festivals. Wines from Elgin and Elim are exhibited and can be purchased at cellar prices and shipped anywhere in the world! There are activities for the kids as you sit and taste some of the local cuisine like organic cheese, freshly baked bread and other gourmet foods. Please Google the Hermanus Wine and Food Fair for this year’s dates.
- The Gravity Adventure Festival in August (dates subject to change) spirals out of control at the Kogelberg Biosphere just outside of Kleinmond (an hour outside of Cape Town). Experience mountain biking, kayaking, trail running, stand-up paddle boarding, rock climbing and much more. Music and food will enrich this lively event. Please Google The Gravity Adventure Festival for this year’s dates.
- The Cape Homemakers Expo in August (dates subject to change) takes place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre. View the latest trends and hot interior designs, or get some great tips on how to transform your home in a few easy steps. Please Google The Cape Homemakers Expo for this year’s dates.
- Blisters for Bread Annual Charity Fun Walk in August (dates subject to change) gets everyone in Cape Town up and walking for the Peninsula School Feeding Association. It is a fun event and there is no pressure to win the race, just enjoy the scenery and meet new people, all for a worthy cause. Please Google this event for the correct dates.
- The Colour Run 5k in Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth in September (dates subject to change) is a unique run where you start off wearing white, but finish looking bright! Explosions of colour greet the runners as they complete each kilometre, with a fantastic colour festival to end off this thrilling day. Please Google the run to find out the dates of this race.
- Port St Francis Calamari Classic Festival in September (dates subject to change) boasts 16 years of golfers and bowlers coming together and partaking in various sports events such as running, swimming, surf skiing and the ‘anything that floats’ competition. Please Google for the correct dates for this year.
- Nieu Bethesda Festival in Nieu-Bethesda is an annual festival that includes performances and exhibitions by the local community and a few popular artists from all over South Africa. Enjoy musical performances, drama and comedy to keep your spirits up! There is also plenty of arts like painting and sculptor exhibitions for the romantics. Please Google for the correct dates for this year.
- Hogsback Arts Festival displays works created by local artists from the Eastern Cape, including music, dance, poetry recitals, local tasty cuisine, comedy and of course artwork. Please Google this festival to find out the dates for this year.
- Heritage Day Market in Walmer, Port Elizabeth is an annual festival that takes place indoors in King’s Court shopping centre. Some of the 100 activities include: sand art, face painting, balloon busking, magicians, live music, colouring-in competition, jumping castles and car displays – fun for the whole family! Please Google to get the correct dates for this year.
- Karoo-lus in Graaf Reinet in September is a stunning location in South Africa, perfect for celebrating South African tradition, lifestyle, food, music and arts. The highlight being some of the top South African musicians that travel across the country to entertain the crowds. There are plenty of food and drink stalls to sustain you throughout the event. Please Google this event to confirm the dates.
- Northern Arts Festival in Van Der Kemps Kloof, Bethelsdorp, Port Elizabeth is located in the centre of Port Elizabeth. There are many buildings that date back to the 19th Century that you can view. Once again, music shall be the highlight, bringing many cultures and communities together. There will also be government exhibitions, small businesses presenting their trade, and food and crafts. Please Google the event to get the correct dates.
- Oxtober Fest at Aloe Grove Guest Farm in Queenstown is a highlight of the year, with many travellers from surrounding towns driving in for the event. Live music from prominent bands from around South Africa will fill the stage, but there is also arts and crafts, a mountain bike race and run, together with many stalls and arts and crafts – something for everyone! Please Google this event to find out the dates for the year.
- The Grahamstown Flower Festival in the Makana Botanical Gardens has taken place annually for the past 50 years. There is nothing like the sight and smell of blossoming flowers to brighten your day. A peaceful and relaxing way to spend a day out. The event is in a marquee, so don’t let the weather turn you away. There are also other activities for the whole family, and very reasonably-priced plants on offer. Please Google this event to find out the correct dates.