Have you ever think just how rich the world’s richest or wealthiest politicians really are? read below we’ve numbered the 10 richest politicians in the world.
1. Sebastian Pinera born December 1, 1949 was the former President of Chile, Sebastian Pinera left the Chilean presidency in March 2014 after a four-year term. However, after the student protest and fires in the country’s national forests, his approval ratings dropped to just 23 percent, one of the lowest in history. He has a net worth of 2.5 billion USD
2. Lee Hsien Loong born February 10, 1952 is currently the Prime Minister of Singapore and has been in this office since 2004. Lee Loong is a popular political leader of Singapore. He is also one of the wealthiest politicians in the world. He currently gets a compensation of about $ 2,183,516. The current figure of his salary is about 40 times more than that of average salary of Singapore.
3. Stephen Harper married to Stephen Harper in 1993 is the 22nd Prime Minister of Canada who was in the office from February 6, 2006, to November 4, 2015. Stephen Harper is among one of the popular politicians of Canada. He is also the first prime minister who comes from Conservative Party. Currently, his salary is about $296,400.
4. John Key is the 38th Prime Minister of New Zealand. John has been the active member of New Zealand National Party since the year 2006. Currently, he gets a salary of about $290,000. This current figure is about 10 times more than the average salary of the citizen of New Zealand.
5. Jacob Zuma born April 12, 1942 is the current President of South Africa, elected by parliament following his party’s victory in the 2009 general election. He is also the president of African National Congress. Jacob Zuma earns an annual salary of about $272,000. It also shows his current figure is about 25 times more than that of average salary of a citizen of South Africa.
6. Naguib Onsi Sawiris is an Egyptian billionaire businessman and the founder of the Free Egyptians Party has made huge headlines for his work to promote free markets as well as a secular government. He certainly has influence and is backed by a net worth of $3 billion. He once tweeted a bearded Mickey Mouse picture in an attempt to humor. As such, hard-line Islamist are calling on him to be tried for insulting their religion.
7. Tony Abbott was the Prime Minister of Australia and has been holding the office since 2013 to 15 September 2015. He has also been the leader of Liberal Party since 2009. The 28th Prime Minister of Australia earns a basic salary of about $345,000.
8. Michael Daniel Higgins is one of the most popular politician, sociologist, poet and broadcaster. Michael D Higgins is the ninth President of Ireland and has been in this office since 11th November 2011. The current compensation earned by him is about $340,000.
9. Barack Obama is the currently the 44th President of America. He is a popular political leader of United States of America. Barack Obama is also the first African American, who holds this office. His current salary is about $ 400,000 which is nearly eight times more than that of the average salary of an American.
10. He is the most richest politicians in the world. C. Y. Leung is the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. He has been in charge of various offices like the Provisional Legislative Council and Convenor of the Executive Council. He ranks among the top richest politicians in the world by having earned an annual income of $530,000. This figure is about 12 times more than the average income of the citizen of Hong Kong.
Source: PZI PEOPLE