“This morning, Twenty children at a primary school in The Hills, south of Johannesburg, were rushed to hospital with suspected food poisoning”, paramedics said.
“They were complaining of abdominal pain and nausea and were vomiting”, ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said.
The children told paramedics they ate sweets an unknown man gave them on Tuesday.
They were taken to the South Rand and Chris Hani Baragwanath hospitals.
Meiring urged parents to teach their children not to accept sweets or gifts from strangers.
Captain Kay Makhubele said no arrest had been made.