The HIV virus causes AIDS and that is when the system affects the immune system, making it weaker, thus the person cannot combat a simple flu. The HIV virus is transmitted through vaginal fluids and blood, breast milk, and sexual contact.
These are the symptoms that show a person might has the deadly virus:
- Sore throat – this is a positive symptom of HIV as it is the way the body actually reacts on the infection. The individual can become compromised after this. Visit a doctor in order to make sure your health condition is compromised.
- Swollen lymph nodes – this can indicate positive condition of HIV, thus you have to pay a visit to your doctor’s office. It can cause swelling in the neck, underarms, and the groin area. Any excessive sweating can present this type of infection.
- Cough – this may be an early sign of the infection, thus you have to check your condition with your doctor, making sure you are OK.
- Fever – fever can appear with this disease after having unprotected sex. Early after the person gets the infection can experience the flu-like symptoms. The low grade fever may not be cured with meds and the person may also have night sweats, and die. Fever is actually an inflammatory reaction to the virus that enters the blood stream.
- Weight loss – as the disease progresses the body starts losing weight. It can be followed by vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and weight loss.
- Pain in the body – this can be triggered by swollen lymph nodes, or also from rheumatic disease. The latter affects the body muscles and joints and also causes inflammation. This may be a sign that you struggle with vacuities, fibromyalgia, and arthritis.
- Headaches – if a person is HIV positive unbearable headaches can appear. The migraines can last for 15 days. Visit a doctor, making sure that you are HIV negative.