The Sunday Times reported that unidentified SABC senior editors revealed that Motsoeneng announced the reward incentive during a recent management meeting. The reported stated that: “He confirmed that an executive decision had been taken to deal with people who leak internal SABC information.”
Motsoeneng has denied that such a reward scheme exists.
SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago told News24: “It is not true that we offered any reward to anyone.”
He said employment contracts prohibited staff from speaking to the media.
“All we are saying is that we will apply the policies of the organisation to deal with people who leak information,” he confirmed.
Motsoeneng told the Sunday Times that the SABC was going to adopt a ‘tit for tat’ relationship with other publishing houses. “That is what we are going to do. You investigate the SABC, well done, we are going to do the same to you.”