Every person that has ever suffered from ear pain, knows how painful is. According to Mayo Clinic, an ear ache can appear as a result of some bacterial infection in the ear. Also, the main reason for an ear infection can be often linked to some other conditions, such as colds, flu or allergy.
1. Olive oil According to Parenting.com, putting a few drops of warm olive oil in the ear can alleviate the inflammation- the cause of the ache. This is a safe method for both, adults and kids/babies.
2. Garlic Garlic is an excellent natural way for treating earache, as it has antimicrobial, antiviral and antibacterial properties. According to Wellness Mama, you can treat the infected ear by sticking a clove of garlic in it, or you can either make garlic-infused oil. For preparing it you will need 1 clove of fresh, minced garlic mixed with some olive oil. Then let it sit on low heat for 20 minutes and once the olive oil has been infused, strain, and remove the garlic. When the mixture is cooled off, you can drop two drops of it in the ear.
3. Onion As it was written in one article by Kula Mama, what is very helpful in the treatment of ear aches, onion ear muff can be very helpful. You need to slice one onion in half, and take out its inner rings. Then, heat the outer 3 rings in the oven at 300ºF (150ºC). After the rings start to steam, remove and wrap them in a towel. Cup the towel-covered onion over the infected ear.
As it has been written on Ginger Community, the consumption of ginger tea has amazing benefits in the treatment of some ear infections. Another option by using ginger is soothing oil from ginger juice which is prepared by grating a piece of fresh ginger and crushing it to squeeze out the juice. Then the juice should be warmed and 4 drops of it should be dropped into the affected ear.
5. Apple cider vinegar According to Livestrong, you need to heat some apple cider vinegar and then pour several drops in the affected ear. Cover it with some cotton and lie down to allow the liquid to reach deep into the ear.
6. Honey As it has been posted on Modern Farmer, there was a Swedish study which found honey as much more effective thing than antibiotics, in the fight against bacteria,whih is the common causer of ear infections. You just need to pour a couple of drops into the aching ear.
7. Coconut oil As it has been posted on Livestrong, you need to heat 1/8 cup of coconut oil with 2 cloves of garlic in a small saucepan. For few minutes leave the oil and garlic to simmer. After that, strain the mixture. The next step is applying two drops of it into the ear, while you lie on your side. You need to lie for few minutes more after that. This remedy can be used for two times in a day, for one week, until the symptoms are gone.
8. Chewing gum Medline Plus claimed that chewing gum is known to alleviate ear ache.