- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, cooked and rinsed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup coconut cream/milk
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (plus another for garnishing/serving)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic, jalapeno, chilli powder and cumin until fragrant – about 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable stock, coconut cream, beans, tomatoes and quinoa.
- Simmer until the quinoa is cooked through – about 20-25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add the lime juice
- Stir in the coriander, leaving a little for garnishing/serving
- Serve with a quarter of a lime and a slice of freshly sliced avocado. Ole!!!!