Do Not Use Your Phone While It Is Charging, See Why

Nowadays, we all use cell phones, but not many of us use it properly, which is why many unfortunate accidents happen. In this article, we will present you a story about a 13-year-old girl Gabbie Fedro who got serious burns as a result of the overheated phone charger. It may sound unbelievable, but she got second-degree burns from her charger.

She received a T-Mobile LG d500 as a gift for Christmas. One minute, her father heard screaming from her bedroom and the next moment he saw her running downstairs holding her neck. Her mother explains: “She was in so much pain she was screaming hysterically.”

Unfortunately, this is just one more case among all others which is yet another proof that phone chargers can be harmful. In most of the cases, people get burns due to overheated lithium-ion battery which can even explode.

In 2014, there was another accident recorded, where one woman from Australia, Sheryl Anne Aldeguer, a mother of two was wearing headphones and talking on the phone which was plugged into a wall socket. Sadly, in this case, the women died. Due to this unfortunate accident which cost this woman her life, the public was alerted about these inexpensive electronics and forced Fair Trading to issue a warning over the sale of unapproved USB chargers in New South Wales.

As we already mentioned, these cases are not the only ones, so take a look of the following one:

  • Two years ago, another woman from Australia died due to a USB charger. The newspaper Sydney Morning Herald reported that the woman had been electrocuted while talking on the phone and the charger was a knock-off.
  • In 2013, as Apple reports, one woman from China was also killed by electrocution while using a faulty charger. This case was investigated by Apple itself and they also posted a warning on their Chinese website warning people and asking them to avoid using third-party chargers.
  • Yet another unfortunate accident happened in Colorado in 2010, when a toddler got third-degree burns after she was shocked by putting an Apple USB cable into her mouth. The Denver Channel reported that the cable was plugged into the laptop at that moment.

However, it has been proven that there is no danger to use a properly working mobile phone while being charged with the adequate and properly working charging device. Many people worldwide have this habit and there are no cases like the above mentioned.

Loading...

You Might Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>