As a man, we need to try as much as possible to sieve the bad ones from the good ones. Maintaining a healthy habit should be our top priority.
The following are some habits recommended in order to stay healthy:
1. Quit smoking: As a man it is advisable that you quit smoking in totality, it is never too late to take this bold step. Quitting smoking has an immediate and long-term health benefits. It improves your health and lowers your risk of heart disease, cancer, lung disease and other smoking-related illnesses. Some people might still choose to engage in smokeless cigarette and tobacco, but the bad news is that it also increases the risk of cancer.
2. Always get a good sleep: It is healthy and advisable for adults to have a good sleep on a daily basis. Adults need to sleep on a minimum of 7 to 9 hours daily. Getting insufficient sleep can lead to a number of chronic diseases and conditions, which includes; obesity, cardiovascular disease, depression and diabetes. Also must of the accidents that happens on the highway today can be traced to insufficient sleep from the part of the drivers.
3. Workout/exercise: As an adult, you need at least 2 hours of moderate-intensity of aerobic activity every week. You also need muscle strengthening activities that have a positive effect on all your muscle groups (which includes your hips, legs, chest, abdomen, back, arms and shoulders) every two or more days in a week. In order not to get fatigued, you do not necessarily have to engage in all activities at once. Spread your activity to cut across all the days of the week and break it into bits of time during the day.
4. Eat healthy: I guess by now you might have known how healthy and beneficial fruits and vegetables are. So, consume a variety of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. They are packed with sufficient vitamins and minerals that protect you from chronic diseases. Try as much as possible to limit foods and drinks that are high in calories, salt, sugar, alcohol and fat.
5. Control your stress: Severe stress can be very harmful to your health and it can make you feel overwhelmed and gets you out of control. Try as much as possible to always tame your stress and take proper care of yourself. Avoid any form of drug, alcohol that is presumed to tame stress. Connect with friends, find support, stay active. These are major means by which stress can be adequately controlled, and they can maintain the health of men.