Citrus, sesame, soy and warming spices give these baked chicken wings an oriental edge.
- 45ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) oyster sauce
- 3 star anise
- 3cm fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 30ml (2 tbsp) golden syrup or honey
- 600g chicken wings
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
1) In a large baking dish combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, star anise, ginger, garlic, orange rind and juice and syrup. Mix well and add the chicken wings, ensuring they are well coated. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the chicken wings till sticky and golden brown, about 40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes.
3) Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with coleslaw and lots of paper napkins.